The Country Depot

San Francisco first major US city to declare 'sanctuary' status for transgender people.

Windwalker

Windwalker

I guess with their head in the sand, San Fran hasn't noticed what a sanctuary city turns into. 

San Francisco recognized Pride Month differently this year — by declaring itself a sanctuary for transgender and gender non-conforming people.

The city's Board of Supervisors unanimously voted Tuesday in favor of the sanctuary status, making San Francisco one of the first major cities in the nation to do so. The resolution symbolically indicates those identifying as transgender, gender non-conforming, intersex and two-spirit are safe to seek transitioning health care and that providers are similarly safe.

"We have seen an influx of refugees, not just from other countries, but from other states who are seeking care and seeking sanctuary," said San Francisco's director of the Office of Transgender Initiatives, Honey Mahogany, said.

Just, what the heck, is a “two spirit” person. Not heard of that one. I'm behind the times, I guess. -Ron

Windwalker

I didn't realize the craziness was so thick. I might, can see Native American having some type of spirit guide, etc. I see where they could be a woman, and do things a man would normally do. Thus, getting grouped as a two spirit.

After looking around the morning, I noticed one site listed 84 gender types. . That doesn't sound a crazy as this other stuff. 

I've been thinking hard. Maybe I could identify as a Mexican woman, with an Indian mother and black father. Then I'd get minority benefits for the Indian heritage, minority for the father, and all the freebies of a Female Mexican. I could use more benefits, anytime.

Of course, it may be all moot, if I take the dogs out tomorrow morning, and there is a mushroom cloud rising up in the distance. :D

image.jpeg

I know, I'm going to Hell.. -Ron

Cheyenne
On 6/13/2024 at 7:21 AM, Windwalker said:

, making San Francisco one of the first major cities in the nation to do so

Wonder what other cities are doing this obnoxious thing?

Windwalker

I figure probably Portland, maybe pittsburg, and others will follow suit. Possibly Seattle.

Windwalker

Such a shame, but that's what they get, when they vote that way. New York, Seattle, and Portland will go as well. Imagine the scenario, where the immigrants revolt, and gangs take over control. 

The idiot DA prosecuting Trump, just dropped all charges, on about 40 anti-Israeli protesters that stormed Columbia U. He sited, "Not enough evidence".  Let's see, they were recorded on camera, inside the place, resisting entry of the police, destruction of property all on video. Sounds all too familiar, doesn't it. 

Of course, I'm waiting for them to play the deep fake video line. :D

Cheyenne
3 hours ago, lightfootfan said:

Sad...

Indeed!