The Country Depot

CBS host shocked by poll showing 62% of registered voters support deporting all illegal immigrants.

Windwalker

Windwalker

A CBS News/YouGov poll found that 62% of registered voters said they would support a government program that would deport all migrants living in the U.S. illegally. The poll, conducted between June 5-7

Anthony Salvanto, CBS' director of elections and surveys, said that while the support for a deportation effort was mostly among supporters of former President Trump, some Democrats supported it as well.

Trump has said he plans to use the National Guard to deport migrants who are in the U.S. illegally. He has also said he would carry out "the largest domestic deportation operation in American history."

Your thoughts? 

Are you in favor of deporting all that have illegally entered the country?

What would be your solution. -Ron

wildman

This has been tried before and flopped so what make you think it would work now?

Nothing more than Trump  trying to pull the wool over your eyes. Comprehensive and enforceable immigration policies and procedures is IMO the only hope. Now if congress and the senate would stop trying to up one on each other perhaps this could get done. 

Always,

Wildman

Okietiger

Like Biden is doing a darn* thing. Biden was the one who stopped the construction or the border wall and has allowed 7 million illegals into the country.

lightfootfan

Probably a lot more than 7 million.  Bottom line is:  THEY BROKE THE LAW!

Windwalker
1 hour ago, wildman said:

Now if congress and the senate would stop trying to up one on each other perhaps this could get done. 

Not a chance I'm afraid/ Dems want an open border for voters once they are granted amnesty. Reps want a controlled border, simple as that.

This joke that Joe just did with his executive order, which sadly many are buying into, does nothing but give the green light to the first 2,500 to cross illegally each day. That's 17,500 per week. 70,000 a month, 840,000 a year. It's based off the lie he told everyone, when he said that he needed money and the power to do it. Well magically he has the money, and the power all of a sudden. 

He claims the border will be closed for 14 days following a week of sustained 2,500 a day. Does anyone, really think, he will close his beloved border for 14 days. He'll never stop the influx. Thank the Lord, we only have 147 more days.

2 minutes ago, lightfootfan said:

Probably a lot more than 7 million.  Bottom line is:  THEY BROKE THE LAW!

I think it's somewhere around 11 million, counting the got-aways, that were never even seen.

Joe aided an abetted in the commission of a felony for each one that was allowed in. That would make the total charges

Trump 94

Joe 11 million. 

If you had the power, what would you do to fix the crisis at the border.

lightfootfan

Rebuild the wall, and electrify it so the illegals have to go through the proper channels,

wildman

Well once they scatter all over the country good luck in deporting them. The wall may slow them down a bit but if you think it will solve the problem you need to think again. Um as I said one up man stuff sure is not helping to get the problem solved. I want to see the days where compromise is not a forgotten thing.

Always,

Wildman

wildman

Joe aided an abetted in the commission of a felony for each one that was allowed in.

And just what law would that be?

Always,

Wildman

Windwalker

Let's break this down so it's easily understood, by others reading this. I think you're already aware of the laws. The Democrats depend on people not knowing about the law, after all, who wants to spend their time reading pages of boring text. Except maybe me. :D Also while reading, remember, there has been no modifications by congress to these laws (reform) So executive actions are not law, and the action can violate law or constitutional restraints. For reference. This information is taken from Cornell Law School University.

As you read this. One could infer that Gov Greg Abbot of Texas, and others, could be liable for giving support to illegals. However, mitigating circumstances might give them some legal leeway. With no help from the federal government, and to relieve stress on state resources, and safety of citizens, they were shuttled to other cities. That is for a court to decide. For the sake of brevity, I will only highlight the things I think pertain to the president, and the heads of agencies under him, that violate the current laws, to answer your question as short as possible. You are free to read the entirety of the immigration laws, definitions, and penalties. It's truly amazing, the number of sections of the US Immigration Laws that have been violated. Either by memo, or executive action. But don't wait for anything to be done, as there is no one to bring charges, since the DOJ and DHS are both controlled by the president.

I8 U.S. Code § 1325 - Improper entry by alien

(a)Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts
Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers, or (2) eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers, or (3) attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact, shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.

8 U.S. Code § 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens

(a)Criminal penalties
(1)
(A)Any person who—
(i)knowing that a person is an alien, brings to or attempts to bring to the United States in any manner whatsoever such person at a place other than a designated port of entry or place other than as designated by the Commissioner, regardless of whether such alien has received prior official authorization to come to, enter, or reside in the United States and regardless of any future official action which may be taken with respect to such alien;

(ii)knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, transports, or moves or attempts to transport or move such alien within the United States by means of transportation or otherwise, in furtherance of such violation of law;
(iii)knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation;

The president flying immigrants in from other countries without notifying anyone, would fall under this. 

Biden flew in foreign immigrants without authority, and did so secretly, till it was discovered recently.

(iv)encourages or induces an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law; or

(v)
(I)engages in any conspiracy to commit any of the preceding acts, or

This became a conspiracy under this section, when the Administration brought in illegals by plane from other countries.
(II)aids or abets the commission of any of the preceding acts,
shall be punished as provided in subparagraph (B).

(B)A person who violates subparagraph (A) shall, for each alien in respect to whom such a violation occurs—
(i)in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i) or (v)(I) or in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), or (iv) in which the offense was done for the purpose of commercial advantage or private financial gain, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 10 years, or both;

(ii)in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(ii), (iii), (iv), or (v)(II), be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both;
(iii)in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) during and in relation to which the person causes serious bodily injury (as defined in section 1365 of title 18) to, or places in jeopardy the life of, any person, be fined under title 18, imprisoned not more than 20 years, or both; and
(iv)in the case of a violation of subparagraph (A)(i), (ii), (iii), (iv), or (v) resulting in the death of any person, be punished by death or imprisoned for any term of years or for life, fined under title 18, or both.

(2)Any person who, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has not received prior official authorization to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, brings to or attempts to bring to the United States in any manner whatsoever, such alien, regardless of any official action which may later be taken with respect to such alien shall, for each alien in respect to whom a violation of this paragraph occurs—
(A)be fined in accordance with title 18 or imprisoned not more than one year, or both; or

Biden and Mayorkus both know, that allowing illegals to walk into the US through gates, holes in the fence, or open areas, is not an official point of entry. When that occurs, the proper response is to close the borders for control.

Ouch, 7 million years in prison, is a looooong time.

(B)in the case of—
(i)an offense committed with the intent or with reason to believe that the alien unlawfully brought into the United States will commit an offense against the United States or any State punishable by imprisonment for more than 1 year,

It doesn't take a genius to have "reason to believe" as above, that an alien who illegally enters your country, from a terrorist enemy country, to assume that person is, or could be, a threat.
(ii)an offense done for the purpose of commercial advantage or private financial gain, or
(iii)an offense in which the alien is not upon arrival immediately brought and presented to an appropriate immigration officer at a designated port of entry,
be fined under title 18 and shall be imprisoned, in the case of a first or second violation of subparagraph (B)(iii), not more than 10 years, in the case of a first or second violation of subparagraph (B)(i) or (B)(ii), not less than 3 nor more than 10 years, and for any other violation, not less than 5 nor more than 15 years.

That's all I'll provide right now. It gets boring, and depressing to see that so many laws can be broken by one person, with no accountability.

Please point out any that you feel our administration didn't violate, that I highlighted (bold).

wildman

Yup I can see your points. Now I ask is former president Trump guilty of violating some of these as well? If Biden should be held accountable as you suggest should Trump be as well or is he above the law? Should border sate governors be held accountable as well? Last but not least I think former presidents and former border state governors may have violated these as well. I like it when you point these things out.

Always,

Wildman

lightfootfan

Looks like cured tobacco to me,  (Cut and dried)

wildman
3 hours ago, lightfootfan said:

Looks like cured tobacco to me,  (Cut and dried)

Yup and tobacco has been shown to cause cancer.

Always,

Wildman

lightfootfan
3 hours ago, wildman said:

Yup and tobacco has been shown to cause cancer.

Always,

Wildman

That's a fallacy.  It's the additives they put in.

wildman
20 hours ago, lightfootfan said:

That's a fallacy.  It's the additives they put in.

Smoke from cigarettes, cigars, and pipes has at least 70 chemicals that can cause cancer. Every time you breathe in that smoke, those chemicals get into your bloodstream, which carries the chemicals to all parts of your body.

Tobacco is one of the most widely abused substances in the world. It is highly addictive. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that tobacco causes  6 million deathsTrusted Source  per year. This makes tobacco the  leadingTrusted Source  cause of preventable death.

Always,

Wildman

• Like 1
Windwalker

My apologies, Wildman. I thought I had posted this a couple day ago. When I went to reply on the tobacco remarks, all this came back in my editor, because i hadn't posted it. :crazy: Excellent questions.

On 6/11/2024 at 3:05 PM, wildman said:

Yup I can see your points. Now I ask is former president Trump guilty of violating some of these as well?

Glad you brought that up. I'm trying to remember, I don't think he did regarding immigration. He was condemned for blocking people from terrorist countries. However, it wasn't illegal as far as I can tell. The president is charged with protecting the country and seeing that it is secure, so if I'm mistaken someone can point it out, I'm not above learning. 

In a knee-jerk reaction (and maybe playing to the anti-gun faction) he used an executive order to ban bump stocks, when congress has to do that, and the constitution protects firearms, when he should have gone through congress. It's been overturned, last I heard. 

Article II, Section 3:

He shall from time to time give to the Congress Information of the State of the Union, and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient; he may, on extraordinary Occasions, convene both Houses, or either of them, and in Case of Disagreement between them, with Respect to the Time of Adjournment, he may adjourn them to such Time as he shall think proper; he shall receive Ambassadors and other public Ministers; he shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

If Biden should be held accountable as you suggest should Trump be as well or is he above the law?

As Biden (and many others before)so strongly put it, “No man is above the Law”.  If one is punished, then the other should be as well. That is why so many are upset. Biden could have easily just pardoned Trump, knowing that he had documents as well. But Trump is prosecuted, and Biden is deemed a  “Well meaning elderly man, with a poor memory”.

Should border sate governors be held accountable as well?

Yes, they should, IMHO. Had Texas unilaterally decided to close its border for no real reason, and started shipping illegals inside the country, they should be accountable for violating the same laws that Biden has. Of course, in judicial things, some consideration is usually given to serious circumstances, when it comes to guilt or punishment. Texas, and other states along the border, had reached out to the federal government and gotten no positive help. The burden on the states became too much, and they decided to ship them out in a dramatic move to force help, which didn't work. So they broke the law themselves, however I'm pretty sure (but not positive) the court/s would take into consideration, the burden the states had, and the duty they had to take “some” type of action to prevent catastrophe. Probably found guilty, but with reduced punishment.

Last but not least I think former presidents and former border state governors may have violated these as well.

I agree, this mess has been going on since around 1954 when immigration laws were started. I'm sure, that several of each have violated some laws.

Disclaimer:

I am not an attorney, nor do I profess to be one. All statements are my opinion. Always do your own research, and not rely on the opinions of others.