The Country Depot

Biden hopes seniors won't notice this cut in their benefits before the election: Broken Promises.

Windwalker

Windwalker

Just like fracking, taxes, student loans, social security increases, Biden goes down the list of campaign promises and drops them. Of course, he's “having” to make the cuts, because of Republicans, his goto scape goat for his failures.

In January, President Biden wrote that he wouldn’t “…allow extreme Republicans to hand out massive giveaways… while raising your costs and cutting Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.” He’s doing exactly that just months later. 

Despite warnings from both Republicans and Democrats, the Biden administration’s Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services finalized cuts to the popular and effective Medicare Advantage (MA) program. 

MA is a public-private partnership that allows health insurance providers to deliver affordable and comprehensive medical coverage to Americans over 65 and individuals with disabilities. By trimming access to MA, Biden is breaking a core campaign promise to never slash benefits for seniors – something he has regularly repeated for three years.

The change of heart from Biden will cost seniors an extra $33 per month. Raymond James analyst Chris Meekins told Axios: “President Biden's team is gambling that MA beneficiaries won't realize before the election the benefits Biden's team is causing them to lose come January 2025.” Biden and his allies want to cut MA in favor of more government-run, fee-for-service “Medicare-for-all” – which would mean fewer options for physicians and coverage, like vision and hearing. Recently, progressive ringleader Rep. Pramila Jayapal, D-Wash., and a coalition of 59 far-left House Democrats sent a letter to Biden arguing for "strengthening Traditional Medicare" and redirecting funds "incorrectly going to MA."

In 2013, President Barack Obama famously promised, "If you like your insurance, you can keep it," as the former president furiously sold his signature legislation – the Affordable Care Act – to the American people. 

However, after the infamously chaotic rollout of the program, costs skyrocketed—and Americans, in fact, could not keep their insurance nor their doctors. Even Left-leaning NPR shared an analysis naming Obama’s claim the "Lie of the Year." 

More than a decade later, his vice president, now President Biden, is attempting a similar health care bait-and-switch – this time promising seniors better care while pillorying MA.

Americans should know better this time around. 

While Biden and the far Left continue to baselessly accuse conservatives of targeting Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid, this cut to MA is the real threat to American seniors’ health care. 

ready for higher, poorer healthcare, no choices in doctors? If that's what you want, vote democrat.

Your thoughts,

wildman

Um if I haven't lost all my memory I think it was the Republicans who wanted to do away with the health care program and put it in the hands of insurance companies and they have tried to do so for years and are still attempting to do so. So who is the bigger threat? Stop trying to blow smoke up my rear end!

Always,

Wildman

Cheyenne

Wildman, while I respect your comments, would you please remember this is a family type of forum. 

1 hour ago, wildman said:

Stop trying to blow smoke up my rear end!

Using this term is unnecessary.   I could say, "I think you are exaggerating".

wildman
4 hours ago, Cheyenne said:

Wildman, while I respect your comments, would you please remember this is a family type of forum. 

Using this term is unnecessary.   I could say, "I think you are exaggerating".

So what term should I have used? I do try and keep the language in check. I am not buying a thing Trump or the MAGA faction of the Republican party is saying.

Always,

Wildman

Windwalker
22 hours ago, Windwalker said:

n 2013, President Barack Obama famously promised, "If you like your insurance, you can keep it," as the former president furiously sold his signature legislation – the Affordable Care Act – to the American people. 

However, after the infamously chaotic rollout of the program, costs skyrocketed—and Americans, in fact, could not keep their insurance nor their doctors. Even Left-leaning NPR shared an analysis naming Obama’s claim the "Lie of the Year." 

More than a decade later, his vice president, now President Biden, is attempting a similar health care bait-and-switch – this time promising seniors better care while pillorying MA.

Those that do not remember the past, are bound to repeat it.

lightfootfan
9 minutes ago, Windwalker said:

Oh, I remember.

Cheyenne
9 hours ago, wildman said:

So what term should I have used? I do try and keep the language in check. I am not buying a thing Trump or the MAGA faction of the Republican party is saying.

Always,

Wildman

And, I respect your opinion.  Instead of the term you used, how about "I think you are exaggerating".

Cheyenne
1 hour ago, Windwalker said:

I agree.

wildman

Yup I do indeed remember the recent past and hope we do not need to repeat it.

Always,

Wildman

Windwalker

We're about to find out who remembers, if we don't turn into a mushroom cloud before.