The Country Depot

Windows 10 won't receive any more feature updates

Cheyenne

Linux Mint is way easier than any version  of Windows I have ever used. YouTube has some good videos one can watch to see how it operates. For Windows users Linux Mint looks very similar in the way to use it. Also Linux is free and the individual has much more ability to control what they want on their computer. 

Always,

Wildman

Just now, wildman said:

www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+use+linux+mint+cinnamon

Will take a look and see. 

1 minute ago, Cheyenne said:

Will take a look and see. 

As you know Windwalker, LFF and I are Linux users and I have no doubt that all three of us will help you all we can.

Always,

Wildman

10 minutes ago, wildman said:

As you know Windwalker, LFF and I are Linux users and I have no doubt that all three of us will help you all we can.

Always,

Wildman

Thank you in the next couple of days or so.  Have a few things to do between now and then. I won't forget.

Wow, I was not aware of what Jeanne posted regarding Windows 10 Feature Updates??? Glad that I just happened to scroll down and read what she had to say!! Looks as though we will have to download Windows 11, even though there are those of you who much prefer Linux.

lightfootfan

I'm having Linux put on my new laptop.  Picking it up Tuesday.

I still have my old windows XP on the shelf, but I won't use it.

26 minutes ago, lightfootfan said:

still have my old windows XP on the shelf, but I won't use it.

Besides the XP, why don't you use it?

3 hours ago, lightfootfan said:

I'm having Linux put on my new laptop.  Picking it up Tuesday.

I still have my old windows XP on the shelf, but I won't use it.

Why don't you put Linux on that machine? We are not talking about the XP disk are we?

Always,

Wildman

Angel you know that Windows is not free where as Linux is? I'm telling you Linux is so much easier than any Windows system I have used. It really is not that hard to install and for sure much easier to maintain and operate. With the exception of a few graphic programs not available for Linux (however there are plenty free ones that are) there has been nothing that I have not been able to accomplish using Linux.

Always,

Wildman