The Country Depot

Windows10 updates

wildman

Yup good old Microsoft does it yet again, apparently the latest update (KB5005033) has a few bits in it that are corrupt and not functional. Now rather than allowing one to remove this they say they are working on it and it will be down loaded later. Well I don't know if they attempted to repair this but on my machine it attempted to install and got stuck at 21%. I attempted a reboot and after 35 minutes saying it was attempting to get windows ready it was still stuck at 21%. Well I went back into updates and set it to delay until 31 Aug 2021. Yup got to love good old Microsoft as they like to do this sort of thing every month apparently.

Always,

Wildman

Well get a load of this apparently even changing to 31 Aug did not stop my machine from doing a install of some sort of update when once again I rebooted my machine. Now a check of updates says that I am up to date. Yup as I said got to love good old Microsoft. Well until next month I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Always,

Wildman

23 hours ago, lightfootfan said:

Oh no!  Say it isn't so!

Did any of you other folks download it?  I'm not doubting you, Wildman. 

Again, my hats off to all of you that use Windows 10. I imagine some people that work, get a kick out of getting an extra break time. You just never know how long an update is going to take to install.

I was working on Michelle's laptop that I put Windows 10 on, so she could use the full-blown  version of her cricut software. I needed to reboot to install the software, and of course it decided to install updates. I was unable to complete the project of installing her software for her cricut machine for 30+ minutes. Imagine being at work and on a deadline and your machine unusable for 30+ minutes while the boss is waiting on you. :D

3 hours ago, Cheyenne said:

Did any of you other folks download it?  I'm not doubting you, Wildman. 

We all know MS isn't perfect, nor is any other provider.  That being said, with a couple billion PCs and all having different configurations,  there's bound to be some that throw up when updated,  and others that are OK with a new offering.   Mine is OK, and I have to say I haven't had any major problems with updates at all.   The mentioned update installed as per usual on my PC, and on my other PCs.   Here's a snip of my latest updates, all OK.  

updates.JPG

Unfortunately, I am not one of those people that are getting updates successfully installed!! Not sure why not but a call into the person who takes care of my computer will most likely help me out with this. Other issue that I have been having since yesterday is that Windows Security is blocking all sorts of things and I have not made any changes to the way things work. Something else for him to look at with remote access.

1 hour ago, Angel said:

Unfortunately, I am not one of those people that are getting updates successfully installed!! Not sure why not but a call into the person who takes care of my computer will most likely help me out with this. Other issue that I have been having since yesterday is that Windows Security is blocking all sorts of things and I have not made any changes to the way things work. Something else for him to look at with remote access.

Glad you have someone you can trust!  

4 hours ago, Angel said:

A very good idea that he indeed check the security issue.

Always,

Wildman